Monday, September 19, 2011

INTO THE UNDER Part 1

I am looking ahead with this article, but since I intend to build a terrain board for THE UNDER next year, I am starting to slowly collect the raw models and other building supplies for this project.  I found a new model of a lovely 1/87th scale MTA (New York) Subway Car. I have wanted to buy a model like this for about a year now, but the damn things are VERY expensive. I'm talking about $300 for a few cars now...Wow. The reason of course is because these are working trains, which I like but do not need for building terrain in this wonderful scale.


I picked up two of these models for just $35.

The models are sold out for the next few weeks, but mine should arrive by mid October, according to an email that I received today from their sales rep. These little toys are very much a Cornerstone for part of my Under Terrain Table, and I am very happy to have found good looking models at such an affordable price.

Note: The art in the above comp was done by a fine fellow at DeviantART, apologies for not remembering his name.

Joseph

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks nice. Sounds like you got a great deal, too. When I saw it, the first thing I thought of is the subway station from Left 4 Dead. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bro! I am going to go crazy with it I think...it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...